[comp.sys.atari.st] TOS 1.4 Easter Eggs

swhitney@hprnd.HP.COM (Steve Whitney) (08/03/89)

Have any of you owners of the TOS 1.4 PROMs looked at the Desktop Info...
box yet?  I was going along merrily using my ST normally until last
night I happened to hit that menu item by accident.  I got quite a pleasant
surprise.  Those of you who miss the color startup screen of the early
520ST boot ROMs will like this one...

Has anyone found any other "easter eggs" in TOS 1.4?

Steve Whitney
in limbo between Stanford and UCLA
Of course, anything I post does not represent HP...

bammi@dsrgsun.ces.cwru.edu (Jwahar R. Bammi) (08/05/89)

In article <2600002@hprnd.HP.COM>, swhitney@hprnd (Steve Whitney) writes:
>520ST boot ROMs will like this one...
	Yeah, it has been popularly called the "rainbow tos" for this reason

>Has anyone found any other "easter eggs" in TOS 1.4?

yeah, dump the rom image into a file and run

	strings - -8 <image>

it'll read like a national enquirer front page about programmers at atari :-)
bang:   {any internet host}!dsrgsun.ces.CWRU.edu!bammi	jwahar r. bammi
domain: bammi@dsrgsun.ces.CWRU.edu
GEnie:	J.Bammi

danscott@atari.UUCP (Dan Scott) (08/08/89)

in article <455@cwjcc.CWRU.Edu>, bammi@dsrgsun.ces.cwru.edu (Jwahar R. Bammi) says:

> In article <2600002@hprnd.HP.COM>, swhitney@hprnd (Steve Whitney) writes:
>>520ST boot ROMs will like this one...
> 	Yeah, it has been popularly called the "rainbow tos" for this reason
>
>>Has anyone found any other "easter eggs" in TOS 1.4?
>>
> yeah, dump the rom image into a file and run
>
> 	strings - -8 <image>
>
> it'll read like a national enquirer front page about programmers at atari :-)
> bang:   {any internet host}!dsrgsun.ces.CWRU.edu!bammi	jwahar r. bammi
> domain: bammi@dsrgsun.ces.CWRU.edu
> GEnie:	J.Bammi

I don't have the ability to do that, what do you find?

Dan