[comp.sys.atari.st] Volume labels on hard dri

david.megginson@canremote.uucp (DAVID MEGGINSON) (08/07/89)

Are you sure that it is not just a hidden file?  TOS allows files to
have a hidden status, so that they will not show up in a normal
directory search.
---
 * Via ProDoor 3.01R

swklassen@dahlia.waterloo.edu (Steven W. Klassen) (08/08/89)

In article <89080709104971@masnet.uucp> david.megginson@canremote.uucp (DAVID MEGGINSON) writes:
>Are you sure that it is not just a hidden file?  TOS allows files to
>have a hidden status, so that they will not show up in a normal
>directory search.
>---
> * Via ProDoor 3.01R

Quite sure.  It shows up with the v flag set (meaning volume label)
when I do a 'ls -la' from msh.

I'm not having much luck in solving this problem.  If I can't get
my hands on a sector editor in the next couple of weeks I will
likely just zero the entire partition and restore it from the
backups (Here's hoping turtle works :-).

Steven W. Klassen
Computer Science Major
University of Waterloo