[comp.sys.atari.st] Cringely on TT

saj@chinet.chi.il.us (Stephen Jacobs) (08/15/89)

The 'Cringely' column in Infoworld today said that the TT will be officially
announced August 25.  He mentions some reasonable prices and specs.  By
experience, he's about as (in)accurate as most rumor mongers.  So keep your
fingers crossed, but remember the source, too.
   Other than that, I'd still be glad to hear about an ST or Mega delivered
into US retail channels with TOS 1.4.  Any sightings yet?
   Another thing I'd be interested in is a connoiseur's opinion of HDX 3.1,
or whatever the new disk software is properly referred to as.  Good and bad
points.
                                      Steve J.

themod@blake.acs.washington.edu (Chris Hinton) (08/16/89)

In article <9271@chinet.chi.il.us> saj@chinet.chi.il.us (Stephen Jacobs) writes:
>The 'Cringely' column in Infoworld today said that the TT will be officially
>announced August 25.  He mentions some reasonable prices and specs.  By

  Could you, or anybody else, post the specs on the TT.  From what I hear
it's going to be a NeXT-like machine.  Is it?

Chris Hinton ---- themod@blake.acs.washington.edu
Mod Software Systems
Seattle, Wa  98195

"Why didn't you tell me he had one of those... things?" - The Joker.
"My life is really...complex." - Bruce Wayne.
"Excuse me...  What does God need with a starship?" - James T. Kirk.