[comp.sys.atari.st] C.E.K.A.

AKISUJAR@NUSVM.BITNET (08/09/89)

Micheal C Barnes ask about CEKA Enterprises Phone Number.  Here it is:
(415) 4742641  For benefit of the other netter who maay not aware what this is
all about, CEKA Enterprises is now working on the internal hardware board for
the MEGA and the forthcoming Stacey laptop to emulate Macintosh with out the ne
ed for the Macintosh boot ROMs.  I only have the phone number of this company.
I would appreciate the Mailing address if you manage to contact them. The
foundeer of this firm is James McHugh.  Regards,
                          S. Sujarittanonta
                          School of Architecture
                          National University of Singapore.

dlm@druwy.ATT.COM (Dan Moore) (08/10/89)

in article <8908091425.AA09465@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>,
AKISUJAR@NUSVM.BITNET says:
> Micheal C Barnes ask about CEKA Enterprises Phone Number.  Here it is:
> (415) 4742641  For benefit of the other netter who maay not aware what
> this is all about, CEKA Enterprises is now working on the internal
> hardware board for the MEGA and the forthcoming Stacey laptop to
> emulate Macintosh with out the need for the Macintosh boot ROMs.  I
> only have the phone number of this company. I would appreciate the
> Mailing address if you manage to contact them. The foundeer of this
> firm is James McHugh.

	Unfortunately this is a hoax.  There is no C.E.K.A Enterprises.
James McHugh is someone who decided it was time for his 15 mintues of
fame.

	James McHugh showed up on GEnie a few months ago and announced
that he was going to be releasing a clone of the Macintosh OS ROMs and
that his hardware/software would let Atari STs, Amigas, Apollo and Suns
(I'm probably forgeting some, he listed almost every machine that uses
a 68000 family CPU) all run Macintosh software. He promissed to send
lots of people prototypes, and agreed to show up and do several demos.
I've heard that several magazines even published his comments and lauded
him for his programming skill (they did this without even seeing a
prototype, which shows how real things in magazines are).

	Then people who know how the Macintosh works started asking him
questions and he was unable to answer them correctly.  He had no idea
how the Mac works and what is needed to make non-Apple hardware work
like a Mac.  Soon after the questions started he disappeared, his
phone, the one given above, was disconnected.  No one has heard from
him in a couple of months.

	If you like conspiracies you can believe that big evil Apple
did away with him.  Maybe they moved him in with Jimmy Hoffa.  It's
much more likely that he was a kid who wanted to be famous and get lots
of attention, and now he's gone back to his normal, boring, life.

	If people are interested in running Macintosh software on the
ST, or other computers, contact one of the real companies (eg. Gadgets
by Small or ReadySoft).  Don't waste your time on James McHugh.

			Dan Moore
			AT&T Bell Labs
			Denver
			dlm@druwy.ATT.COM

bms@bdt.UUCP (Vance Chin) (08/16/89)

In article <4236@druwy.ATT.COM> dlm@druwy.ATT.COM (Dan Moore) writes:

>	Unfortunately this is a hoax.  There is no C.E.K.A Enterprises.
>James McHugh is someone who decided it was time for his 15 mintues of
>fame.

	James McHugh is actually an alias for his real name, I won't give
his real name (or what I think is his real name) because I hope he reads these
messages and won't bug anyone anymore.  A developer who shall remain nameless
traded James McHugh for one of the mac emulators.  What the developer got
was some piece of a pc board from a radio!!!  Mr. Magoo :-) likes to talk a
lot and will tell some pretty TALL tales,  one was that he was doing some work
for the National Security Agency and that he sold 500 (yes 500) ST's to them
as smart crypto terminals.

	So James McHugh, QUIT IT!!!!!!

Vance Chin
Berkeley Microsystems

rlee@weaver.ADS.COM (Richard Lee) (08/17/89)

In article <114@bdt.UUCP> bms@bdt.UUCP (Vance Chin) writes:
|[James McHugh] will tell some pretty TALL tales,  one was that he was
|doing some work for the National Security Agency and that he sold 500
|(yes 500) ST's to them as smart crypto terminals.

Now _that's_ a good trick, since "Agency Standard Terminals" are IBM PC
AT's and XT's.