[comp.sys.atari.st] Re^2: New Atari 68030 Machines

bob@cmpfen.UUCP (Bob Breum) (08/20/89)

Xorg@cup.portal.com (Peter Ted Szymonik) writes:

>Accordin to Sam Tramiel in this month's START the '030 (aka TT) will
>come in many onfigurations, one being a 6 meg machine which will have
>TOS 1.4 built-in, will run UNIX 5.3.1 as a $299 add-on option and will
>aslo emulate MS-DOS (and the Mac no doubt with Dave Small's Spectre GCR.)

I want both TOS 1.4 and UNIX, at the same time.  Will the TT run
multiple TOS 1.4 sessions _under_ UNIX, like an 80386/ix machine can
run multiple DOS sessions under UNIX?  Now _that_ would be the best of
all possible worlds: Several UNIX windows, including a couple of TOS
sessions and a couple of MS-DOS sessions mixed in with standard UNIX
tasks.

--
Computer Fenestrations						      Bob Breum
Post Office Box 151		{uiucuxc|hoptoad|petsd|ucf-cs}!peora!cmpfen!bob

jeq@laidy.i88.isc.com (Jonathan E. Quist) (08/22/89)

In article <249@cmpfen.UUCP> bob@cmpfen.UUCP (Bob Breum) writes:

>run multiple DOS sessions under UNIX?  Now _that_ would be the best of
>all possible worlds: Several UNIX windows, including a couple of TOS
>sessions and a couple of MS-DOS sessions mixed in with standard UNIX
>tasks.

Somehow, Jackson Pollack comes to mind.

Some call it art, some don't.

jeq