[comp.sys.atari.st] Re help for a novice C programmer

ivan@rzsin.sin.ch (Ivan D. Reid) (08/29/89)

*FRIVOLITY ON*
In article <1758193@mtsg.ubc.ca> Peter_Lawrence_Jackson@MTSG.UBC.CA writes:
>Help!  I am a fortran programmer trying to learn C using the sozobon/dlibs
>package. I can't get the compiler to work on the following hello world
>program:
	Does anything work in Vancouver in the summertime?
>#include <stdio.h>
>main()
>{
>printf("hello world, its me!!!\n");
>}

and Mike Vederman replied

>Silly you! Of course you can't compile the program.  The proper syntax for this
>program is:
>main() {
>	printf("hello world\n");
>}

>(Note most compilers check to make sure that is all you can print 'hello
>world') <grin>

	Actually, I think it's refusing to compile because of the spelling
error!  (or: Its refusal to work is due to the spelling error (B-{)  Would that
the mailer refused to send all the messages using "its" for "it's" and vice
versa...
		idr

(PS say Hi to all the frivollers on Forum for me, Peter)
*FRIVOLITY OFF*