[comp.sys.atari.st] Mega keyboard pinouts?

laba-1aj@web-1f.berkeley.edu (08/29/89)

If you open a 1040 ST, you'll see that there is a 7 wire connector running
from the motherboard to the keyboard.  I imagine that these are the serial
lines that connect the keyboard chip to the ACIA chip, and some extra ones
for power and ground and other things like lights.

On the 520 there are 17 lines.  The serial connection is still there, but
on the 520, unlike the 1040, the joystick ports are not mounted on the key-
board, so extra lines must be run back to the motherboard where the ports
are mounted.

Anyway, does anyone have the pin names for the 1040?  The Abacus Internals
book has the pin names for the 520.  More importantly, does anyone out
there have the pin diagrams for the Mega keyboard?  I get the feeling that
you would be able to rig a port for the (nice) Mega keyboard as a replacement
for the (not nice) 1040 keyboard.

John K
laba-1aj@web.berkeley.edu

PS.  It is possible to mount the ST into an AT case.  That is the smallest
you can go.

hase@netmbx.UUCP (Hartmut Semken) (09/02/89)

In article <1989Aug29.025012.7642@agate.uucp> laba-1aj@web-1f.berkeley.edu () writes:
>PS.  It is possible to mount the ST into an AT case.  That is the smallest
>you can go.

Me? I'm using a PC (XT) case. I had to remove the floppy mounting frame
and build a new one for my floppies.

The ST (520 board) , SH205, an Apple II style power supply, 5,25 and 3,5
floppies fit nicely, as does the required fan :-(

hase
--
Hartmut Semken, Lupsteiner Weg 67, 1000 Berlin 37 hase@netmbx.UUCP
Dennis had stepped up into the top seat whet its founder had died of a