[comp.sys.atari.st] Zoo archive of .dvi PK fonts available!!

jlong@blackbird.afit.af.mil (Jeffrey K. Long) (09/03/89)

A while back , someone posted an excellent suggestion, "place
a zoo archive of the fonts needed for .dvi drivers instead of
an 'arc' archive, that way the directories stay intact" (paraphrased)

I have a faily complete set of pk fonts that I use with dvist3_3 and
also 300dpi fonts for the deskjet .dvi driver I just made available
(with the help of JRD, thanks again John!) at the terminator archives.

I had to make two zoo files, cuz zoo barfed on more than 60 folders at
at time to add.  The two files are
dvifnts1.zoo
dvifnts2.zoo
and if you take zoo and do the following: (v2.01 of zoo)
>zoo x// dvifnts1
>zoo x// dvifnts2
you should a have a pretty good start on a set of .dvi fonts!
(there are 72 folders total, may have mutiple mag steps in them)

I hope to get these uploaded to terminator just as soon as I can
get through to it (it hasn't answered for several days)
They will initally be in the dir /atari/new/  but may eventually find
their way into /atari/tex/
These are about 820K of fonts, so if somone doesn't have ftp access to
terminator, we probably can't do it via E-mail, but I am willing to
send out these files on two d/s disks if someone wants to US-Mail me
a requests for them.  To do so, mail 2 d/s disks in a disk mailer that
I can send back to you, plus whatever you estimate the return postage will
be (probably the same you have to pay to get them to me, pretty quick
aren't I?) and I will mail them to you. Also, if you need the DeskJet
driver I can include it.  I could also throw dvist3_3 on there!!
I really don't want to wear out my 1040ST's internal drive making
lots of copies, so I you can possibly get these from
terminator.cc.umich.edu, (35.1.33.8 ??) please do so.

There is also file called "zoofnts.hlp" that should pretty much say
the same thing as this posting.   I hope these help!!

|   Jeff Long              jlong@blackbird.afit.af.mil  (ARPA net)      |
|   humble (and getting humbler by the day) graduate student;           |
|   The Air Force Institute of Technology  (what a great way of life??) |

In article <1323@blackbird.afit.af.mil> I wrote:
>These are about 820K of fonts, so if somone doesn't have ftp access to
>terminator, we probably can't do it via E-mail, but I am willing to
>send out these files on two d/s disks if someone wants to US-Mail me
>a requests for them.  To do so, mail 2 d/s disks in a disk mailer that
Ooppss!! Guess  you might need my address huh?
Jeff Long
3073 Jade Court
Beavercreek, Oh  45385   (good til Jan, 90)