[comp.sys.atari.st] Easy Draw .Gem Format ?

a_kowald@NIMR.MRC.AC.UK (Axel Kowald) (09/06/89)

I am using Easy Draw on the AtariST and wonder if there is someone who knows:
1. Is there any programm which converts Easy Draw2 files (.GEM) into
   POSTSCRIPT ?
2. Or has someone a description of the .GEM format, so that I can write a
   conversion program ?

Any hints welcomed .

			Axel

andre@maestro.htsa.aha.nl (andre) (09/07/89)

 In article <8909060859.AA16795@nimsn41.> a_kowald@NIMR.MRC.AC.UK (Axel Kowald) writes:
 >I am using Easy Draw on the AtariST and wonder if there is someone who knows:
 >1. Is there any programm which converts Easy Draw2 files (.GEM) into
 >   POSTSCRIPT ?
 >2. Or has someone a description of the .GEM format, so that I can write a
 >   conversion program ?
 >
 >Any hints welcomed .
 >
 >			Axel

I'm most interested in the .GEM format too, be it for different reasons.
--
                    Andre v.d. Vlies
                    Algemene Hogeschool Amsterdam, The Netherlands

klute%trillian.irb@unido.uucp (Rainer Klute) (09/07/89)

In article <8909060859.AA16795@nimsn41.> a_kowald@NIMR.MRC.AC.UK (Axel Kowald) writes:
>I am using Easy Draw on the AtariST and wonder if there is someone who knows:
>1. Is there any programm which converts Easy Draw2 files (.GEM) into
>   POSTSCRIPT ?

Yes, there is GEM2PS posted in this newgroup some years ago. Do
you think it should be posted again on comp.binaries.atari.st?

>2. Or has someone a description of the .GEM format, so that I can write a
>   conversion program ?

I don't have, but would be very interested.

  Rainer Klute           ----    klute@trillian.irb.informatik.uni-dortmund.de
  Univ. Dortmund, IRB    |)|/    klute@unido.uucp, klute@unido.bitnet
  Postfach 500500        |\|\    ...uunet!mcvax!unido!klute
D-4600 Dortmund 50       ----    Tel.: +49 231 7554663

nims@accuvax.nwu.edu (Chris Nims) (09/08/89)

There is a program that will convert .GEM to Postscript, I saw it on
genie not too long ago.

Chris Nims
Northwestern Univ.