[comp.sys.atari.st] HP DESKJET + Printer Cable

ia4@CUNIXD.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Imran Anwar) (09/11/89)

		HPDESKJET QUESTION
-	-	-	-	-	-	-

I have a simple question. If I connect the Deskjet Plus to the ATARI 1040
and do a Print Screen (without the Epson Emulation cartridge) will I get
any output like the screen image, or garbage or a blank sheet?

Also, today i searched for the printer in NYC....47th street photo
asked $699 for printer, $13 for cable and $60 for emulation cartridge EPSON.

Another place, S&W, asked for $665 for printer and $20 for cable. I wonder
if the cable for hooking up the printer is the same as for a dot-matrix Epson
printer. If so, is $12-20 its usual price range?

Thanks for your suggestions

imran

logajan@ns.network.com (John Logajan) (09/11/89)

ia4@CUNIXD.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Imran Anwar) writes:
> I have a simple question. If I connect the Deskjet Plus to the ATARI 1040
> and do a Print Screen (without the Epson Emulation cartridge) will I get
> any output like the screen image, or garbage or a blank sheet?

Garbage.

>  printer [cable] is the same as for a dot-matrix Epson printer.

Yes it is.

--
- John M. Logajan @ Network Systems; 7600 Boone Ave; Brooklyn Park, MN 55428  -
- logajan@ns.network.com / ...rutgers!umn-cs!ns!logajan / john@logajan.mn.org -