[comp.sys.atari.st] Mac Paint pictures

goller@gmdzi.UUCP (Stefan Goller) (09/08/89)

Hello world,

I would like to have some pictures from Mac Paint on my ST.

Therefor I'm looking for a program, that converts pictures in Mac Paint
format into a ST format (Degas, Screen format, ...). If you have such a
software, please post it to the net.

It would also be helpfull, if someone could tell me something about the
format of Mac Paint files. Then I'll try to write a conversion routine and
post it, after it is finished.

Many thanks

     Stefan Focke

cew@venera.isi.edu (Craig E. Ward) (09/12/89)

In article <1264@gmdzi.UUCP> goller@gmdzi.UUCP (Stefan Goller) writes:

>Hello world,
>
>I would like to have some pictures from Mac Paint on my ST.
>
>Therefor I'm looking for a program, that converts pictures in Mac Paint
>format into a ST format (Degas, Screen format, ...). If you have such a
>software, please post it to the net.

A program to do this came out a few years ago (PICSW06 or similar).  It
displays any of several formats, including macpaint, on the screen.  You can
then preview and resave the picture in any of the supported formats.  I used
it to incorporate some macpaint pictures into Publishing Partner for
postscript output.  Worked well enough.

The version released on the net was 0.6.

ARPA: 	Craig E. Ward <cew@venera.isi.edu>
PHONE:	(213)822-1511 ext. 111
USPS:	USC Information Sciences Institute
	4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 1100
	Marina del Rey, CA 90292
Slogan:	"nemo me impune lacessit"

glk01126@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (09/12/89)

	PICSW7.prg (PD) at terminator 35.1.33.8 or e-mail me if
	your innaccessible to the archive or just lazy.

	I also wrote a Magic Sac/Aladin to ST file transfer
	program (TOS interface, just cats and you select a letter)
	which I have used to move mac pics to ST format to
	be loaded by PICSW7 and saved in any number of formats
	if you or anyone else is interested...

	-Spieu!
	Gregory Mathias Lemperle-Kerr