[comp.sys.atari.st] PANARTHEA, where art thou PANARTHEA

glk01126@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (09/09/89)

PANARTHEA

Where art thou?

	When I type ftp -i sun.com, I get through to sun.com.
	When I try ftp -i panarthea.sun.com (or the address 119 etc.),
		I can't get throught.

	Q: What does it mean?
	P: Our net can't get through?
	P: There net is down (I have tried for ca. 2 wks.)?

	Arrrrggh.

	glk01126@uiuc.something or other
	-Spieu!

koreth@panarthea.sun.com (Steven Grimm) (09/12/89)

In article <111500032@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> glk01126@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>	When I try ftp -i panarthea.sun.com (or the address 119 etc.),
>		I can't get throught.

Panarthea is on Sun's internal network, which is segregated from the
outside world.  Sun.com will pass mail back and forth, so the archive
server works, but anonymous ftp won't.  (Perhaps eventually they will have
anonymous ftp on sun.com itself, but don't hold your breath.)

In the meantime, mail to archive-server%panarthea.ebay@sun.com to get
what you need.  It responds very quickly.

---
This message is a figment of your imagination.  Any opinions are yours.
Steven Grimm		Moderator, comp.{sources,binaries}.atari.st
sgrimm@sun.com		...!sun!sgrimm

logajan@ns.network.com (John Logajan) (09/12/89)

koreth@panarthea.sun.com (Steven Grimm) writes:
> In the meantime, mail to archive-server%panarthea.ebay@sun.com to get
> what you need.  It responds very quickly.

Yeah!  I like to sign on here on weekend evenings and do my archive
requests.  Since we are on the internet direct, I can send off a request
to panarthea and get the response back in a matter of 5 minutes or less!

Not bad!  My only complaint (minor, very minor) is that if I stick a bunch
of parts requests on one line, it sends the whole shebang in one block.
Yikes!  I've gone over 100k several times -- it seems to  get through here,
but I know there are machines around that enforce 100k limits on messages.

--
- John M. Logajan @ Network Systems; 7600 Boone Ave; Brooklyn Park, MN 55428  -
- logajan@ns.network.com / ...rutgers!umn-cs!ns!logajan / john@logajan.mn.org -