[comp.sys.atari.st] Wotta disk drive!!!

saj@chinet.chi.il.us (Stephen Jacobs) (09/12/89)

There it is, fifth column center of the Sept 11 Infoworld, page 98.
Maxtor #3280 280 MB SCSI hard drive for about $900.  Anyone know anything
about these?  Would it be attractive with an ST?  Care to post something
about size, average access, peculiarities?  My check-writing hand is starting
to twitch.                             Steve J.

filbo@gorn.santa-cruz.ca.us (Bela Lubkin) (09/12/89)

In article <9547@chinet.chi.il.us> Stephen Jacobs writes:
>There it is, fifth column center of the Sept 11 Infoworld, page 98.
>Maxtor #3280 280 MB SCSI hard drive for about $900.  Anyone know anything
Maxtor XT3280S: 5.25" full height, 280MB unformatted, ~244MB formatted,
16ms.  Best price I've seen before this: $1549.  Sounds like a great deal,
but do check whether there is a "catch" -- perhaps they are selling used or
"refurbished" drives.  Also, it is an old model, superceded by the XT4280S;
perhaps they are being remaindered?

Bela Lubkin     * *   filbo@gorn.santa-cruz.ca.us   CIS: 73047,1112
     @        * *     ...ucbvax!ucscc!gorn!filbo    ^^^  REALLY slow [months]
R Pentomino     *     Filbo @ Pyrzqxgl (408) 476-4633 & XBBS (408) 476-4945