[comp.sys.atari.st] DeskJet refilling

HOESEL@HGRRUG52.BITNET (09/11/89)

you don't need to make a hole into the cardridge to refill it with
sheafer jet script  ink. There is one exactly in the middle of the green
arrow on top of the cardrige.

It works great. I refilled mine already 8 times !!! and still it print
perfect.

WARNING: for those who did not notice it until now: NEVER close the cover
while the printer is working. The cover just touches the head and it will
cause damage to the head (stripes on paper). Propably someone at HP
forgot about the thickness of the plastic cover. The part that touches the
head is bent towards the head for pure cosmetic reasons!!

ps. CALAMUS turbo printer driver coming up for the deskjet.

coffey@ucselx.sdsu.edu (pat coffey) (09/13/89)

In article <8909111559.AA03985@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> HOESEL@HGRRUG52.BITNET writes:

>WARNING: for those who did not notice it until now: NEVER close the cover
>while the printer is working. The cover just touches the head and it will
>cause damage to the head (stripes on paper). Propably someone at HP
>forgot about the thickness of the plastic cover. The part that touches the
>head is bent towards the head for pure cosmetic reasons!!

I'm not quite sure what you mean.  Never print with the cover closed or
never close the cover during a print operation?  Also are the
stripes white on black or black on white?  I've noticed white
stripes in my large fonts.  I thought it was because I was a bad kid
and refilled my cartridge.

--
     _   _        Ms. Pat Coffey
    |_) (_        San Diego State University