[comp.sys.atari.st] Folio and extra hardware

davidc@ziebmef.mef.org (David Carlton) (09/24/89)

---------------------------------
Today I got my first chance to see a Folio up close...

I like it!  It has a flair I haven't seen in any other small handheld.
Now to the big question.  What sort of accessories are being produced
along with it?  I'd heard rumours of even a cheap hard drive.

If you have any information whatsoever, please drop me a message...

I'm sold on one... In about two weeks. :)

Yours,

David P. Carlton - Systems Technician             Witty commentary?
davidc@ziebmef.mef.org                            Not my job.
or                                                            O.O
uunet!{utgpu!moore,attcan!telly}!ziebmef!davidc                U

ins_bac@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Ajay Choudhri) (09/25/89)

In article <1989Sep24.013332.9941@ziebmef.mef.org> davidc@ziebmef.mef.org (David Carlton) writes:
>---------------------------------
>Today I got my first chance to see a Folio up close...

Hmmmmm, I see you're address is in Canada, I haven't seen one in the US..
anyone else have??

-Ajay Choudhri

Dave_Ninjajr_Flory@cup.portal.com (09/26/89)

The Portfolio is available in the US. My local dealer, San Jose Computers,
picked up 12 the other day when I was at the Atari warehouse picking up some
loaner machines for a local show. I got one to demo and it is neat. The
extra stuff available now is the memory cards which are available in
32, 64, and 128K sizes. Just FCC approved last week is the computer interface{
serial and RS-232 port. They are supposed to be for sale in October. The
system looks just like the IBM at work, in use. Typical Messydos commands.
Fortunately for the average user there is a built in menu that runs the
ROMed applications which are Setup, Diary (with date alarms, etc.), Editor,
Spreadsheet (Lotus 123 compatible), and address book.
OSs