"Poachers shooting at rabbits will scare the big game away" -
From: I don't remember where.
PI:Univ.Wisconsin.Milwaukee

larserio@IFI.UIO.NO (LarsErikOsterud) (09/24/89)

I use a MNP5 modem at 4800 baud for alle speeds on my BBS, and the RTS/CTS
works great on my 520 with TOS 1.4  (had trouble when I use TOS 1.2)

  Lars-Erik   /   ABK-BBS +47 2132659   /   ____ ______
   Osterud   /   larserio@ifi.uio.no   /   /___    /
____________/  _______________________/   ____/   /

apratt@atari.UUCP (Allan Pratt) (09/26/89)

pi@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Peter J Ikusz) writes:
>About the TOS 1.4 rumor.
>I have heard that TOS 1.4 has a bug in one of its RS-232 routines.
>And that there is a patch program that has to be used to make the
>RS-232 port work. Is this true?

This is true, but only some people will come up against it.  RTS/CTS
is a hardware flow-control protocol which high-speed modems use,
among other devices.  If you don't use it, you won't know there's
a problem.

The problem is not in the RTS/CTS code per se, but the code which
enables that flow-control mode.  Mea culpa.  TOS14FIX.PRG or whatever
it's called fixes that, and it's available on GEnie and other places,
with notes to the effect that it should be widely distributed.  I'll
let Kbad post it here if he wants: he wrote it.  The fix program also
fixes one other bug (in the AES Shel_ library) and has a mouse
accelerator and screen saver.

klute%trillian.irb@unido.uucp (Rainer Klute) (09/26/89)

In article <1710@atari.UUCP> apratt@atari.UUCP (Allan Pratt) writes:
>TOS14FIX.PRG or whatever
>it's called fixes that, and it's available on GEnie and other places,
>with notes to the effect that it should be widely distributed.  I'll
>let Kbad post it here if he wants: he wrote it.  The fix program also
>fixes one other bug (in the AES Shel_ library) and has a mouse
>accelerator and screen saver.

Yes, please post it! Not everybody has access to GEnie etc.
(including me).

  Rainer Klute           ----    klute@trillian.irb.informatik.uni-dortmund.de
  Univ. Dortmund, IRB    |)|/    klute@unido.uucp, klute@unido.bitnet
  Postfach 500500        |\|\    ...uunet!mcvax!unido!klute
D-4600 Dortmund 50       ----    Tel.: +49 231 7554663