[comp.sys.atari.st] ragging on the st

depeche@CALVIN.CS.MCGILL.CA (S. Alan Ezust) (09/27/89)

In article <7810@microsoft.UUCP> w-darekm@microsoft.UUCP (Darek Mihocka) writes:
>In article <11892@boulder.Colorado.EDU> solomon@boulder.Colorado.EDU (SOLOMON AMY BETH) writes:
>>In article <CMM.0.88.622236156.cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu> cmm1@CUNIXA.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Christopher M Mauritz) writes:

>Gimme a break! The days of being able to claim Power Without the Price are over.
>If you're gonna buy a 68030 machine, then what difference does it make if you
>spend $3000 or $5000. It's safe to say you're not buying it for video games.
>Most likely it will be used for development or in some business application.

[stuff deleted]

Yeah that is what they said about the Apple Lisa when it first came out...
it had a whopping 256k of RAM and ran on an 8mhz 68000 ("that's not a micro-
it's a mini! No home user could ever take advantage of all that power").

ah yes, the times, they are a-changing.....

And by the way, Mac has just released the portable....

--
 S. Alan Ezust aka "Depeche Modem"       depeche@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca
 McGill University Computer Science      Disclaimer: I claim everything!