[net.music] Thriller video

giw@browngr.UUCP (Jerry Weil) (01/29/84)

     From: edhall@randvax.UUCP Tue Jan 31 01:25:00 1984
     (randvax.1652)net.music : Re: "Thriller" video
     -----------------------------
     Black and white?  The one I saw was most certainly in color!

     I thought it was a waste of time and money...

		-Ed Hall
		decvax!randvax!edhall
     -----

Who is it a waste of time for? Certainly not you, since you don't have to
watch it if you don't want to.  I'm sure with all the publicity and positive
response it's gotten, it was neither a waste of time or money for its
creators.  YAR.

Jerry Weil ( {decvax, ihnp4, allegra}!brunix!giw )

rlr@pyuxn.UUCP (Rich Rosen) (02/02/84)

> Who is it a waste of time for? Certainly not you, since you don't have to
> watch it if you don't want to.  I'm sure with all the publicity and positive
> response it's gotten, it was neither a waste of time or money for its
> creators.  YAR.
>
> Jerry Weil ( {decvax, ihnp4, allegra}!brunix!giw )

I guess all it takes is, as Jerry Weil says, a substantial amount of publicity
and "positive response" (from whom?  other 'celebrities'?) to make something
worthwhile in the American public eye.  If you want to hear GREAT Michael
Jackson (instead of just GOOD Michael Jackson) listen to the "Off the Wall"
album.
--
Pardon me for breathing...
	Rich Rosen    pyuxn!rlr

salomon@smu.UUCP (02/08/84)

#R:browngr:-38200:smu:15400001:000:705
smu!salomon    Feb  7 08:11:00 1984

	Thriller with all its $$$ seems after the third time in three hours
 (if you are so lucky) not to capture my imagination. Since Mr. Jackson,
 undoubtedly one of the major musical and entertainment talents, tried
 to win an academy award with this video, that it should be treated as
 a movie, not a video. Star Wars, an excellent film, got boring after
 the first six times, but at least it didn't take up 15 minutes of my
 precious MTV time...  Also, I can't seem to take a person who I watched
 on Saturday morning cartoons in my youth seriously as a musician. The
 whole bit about flying around the world to give concerts in a cartoon
 airplane is a bit too much to swallow.

			Marc Salomon