[comp.sys.atari.st] Sound Sampling

chuck@richsun.UUCP (Chuck Menard) (09/29/89)

Hello,

I am looking for actual C code to use sounds created with an audio digitizer.
I own ST Replay4 and Mark Williams C.  Replay4 comes with assembly routines
but I have not yet been able to use these alone or with 'C'.  I also own
G.I.S.T. and was able to use it with my C code and Mark Williams C for
sound effects.  However, I would like to use sampled sound in my C programs.
Also, I've read about a new audio digitizer product, which apparently is in
beta right now, called Pro Sound Gold by a British company which will support
the C language.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

covertr@force.UUCP (Richard E. Covert) (09/29/89)

In article <452@richsun.UUCP>, chuck@richsun.UUCP (Chuck Menard) writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking for actual C code to use sounds created with an audio digitizer.
> I own ST Replay4 and Mark Williams C.  Replay4 comes with assembly routines
> but I have not yet been able to use these alone or with 'C'.  I also own
> G.I.S.T. and was able to use it with my C code and Mark Williams C for
> sound effects.  However, I would like to use sampled sound in my C programs.
> Also, I've read about a new audio digitizer product, which apparently is in
> beta right now, called Pro Sound Gold by a British company which will support
> the C language.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 I ask ed the same thing here a few months ago and got no response.
I read an article in a Brit ST magazine comparing sound digitizers and
only one of them had hooks for C programs.

Unfortunately, I don't have the article here at work, and I don't
remember which digitizer it was. I am not even sure that the specific
sounds digitizer was one sold in the US.

I am interested in that, so if you get any feedback please post it here.

Thanks.

Richard Covert