[comp.sys.atari.st] Master Sound - Virus Warning

WILDDJ@VAXB.ASTON.AC.UK (10/04/89)

I have just bought the master sound sampler package from Software Horizons. It's
 a good package, but I have found that my copy had the ghost virus on the boot
sector. I tried to ring Software Horizons, but got number unobtainable, so I
have written to them. I thought I ought to warn any mastersound users to check
 their master disks!
Let me know if you find/don't find the virus

- Dave Wild
wilddj@uk.ac.aston.vaxb

woodside@ttidca.TTI.COM (George Woodside) (10/05/89)

In article <8910041534.AA11533@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> WILDDJ@VAXB.ASTON.AC.UK writes:
...[edited]...

>I have just bought the master sound sampler package from Software Horizons.
>It's a good package, but I have found that my copy had the ghost virus on the
>boot sector.

I would appreciate it if anyone encountering this virus would send me a copy
for inclusion in the next version of Vkiller.

By name, it doesn't sound like one I'm familiar with.

--
*George R. Woodside - Citicorp/TTI - Santa Monica, CA