[comp.sys.atari.st] For Sale -- DEPLORABLE Action

iadt3tb@prism.gatech.EDU (T. Terrell Banks) (10/06/89)

    I read the following article in this group.

---->>From: .......@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (.............)
---->Subject: Software for sale(complete)
---->Date: 26 Sep 89 16:28:29 GMT
---->
---->All packages are complete..superb condition /w manuals, but some are
---->missing boxes.
---->
---->   ...
---->   ...
---->   ...
---->   St-DOCTOR                  10.00  Memory and disk editor
---->   ...
---->   ...
---->   ...
---->
---->Anyway, I need money for the upcoming atarifest in Virginia and have grown
---->tired of these titles. off to gain some more.
---->   ...
---->thanks.
---->  -.............
---->

      Since I thought that I would like
  to have a handy utility, I replied that I would buy the copy of ST-Doctor.

    He (I've removed the name to protect the guilty) emailed me an address
  and a request for postage.  OK, fair enough.  I sent it right away.  Last
  night when I got home the package was there.  I opened it right away.
  Then I got PISSED!

    It appeared to be a copied disk.  The disk had no label.  There was a
  photo copied label of the original label cut out and placed on the disk.
  Not stuck on, just placed on top of the disk!  The edges of the 'label'
  weren't even cut straight.  The manual is the standard 35 pages you would
  expect,  the staples had been removed and not replaced.  Makes it much
  easier to copy the manual, you know.

    Now, if I've judged this episode incorrectly, I will be more than willing
  to publicly eat crow and appologize.  However I don't think I owe the
  appology.

    I have been wronged!  The author and publishers of this software have
  been wronged!  Atari users are wronged by this type of activity!  This
  seemed to be the place to air my anger.

    You, sir (the un-named seller) are a cheap-assed cad.  I do not appreciate
  this type of treatment.  I hope you have the decency to feel remorse.

                 Thanks for listening,
                           Terry
--
T. Terrell Banks  uucp:  { 'insert a backbone name here' }!gatech!prism!iadt3tb
Georgia Insitute of Technology - I.S.A.      Internet: iadt3tb@prism.gatech.edu