[comp.sys.atari.st] Were you able to extract MINIBBS.LZH ?

ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) (10/06/89)

A few weeks ago, someone posted a program called MINIBBS.

I got it, and I think I would like to try it.  But I can not get at it!

It came packaged as MINIBBS.LZH.  I enquired about and found
that I needed  LHARC  to unpack it.  So I got that.  It did
not work on my ST2.  Some kind soul sent me another copy, and
that did not work either.

If you were able to unwrap that program, and would be willing
to send me a copy, would you please send me a note?  (Please,
don't mail the big file without checking first!) I think that
I will have to stick with ZOO or ARC for a while, since that
LHARC does not seem to work on my system.

--
    L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
	ljdickey@water.UWaterloo.ca	ljdickey@water.BITNET

chasm@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Charles Marslett) (10/06/89)

In article <2686@water.waterloo.edu>, ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) writes:
> A few weeks ago, someone posted a program called MINIBBS.
>
> I got it, and I think I would like to try it.  But I can not get at it!
>
> It came packaged as MINIBBS.LZH.  I enquired about and found
> that I needed  LHARC  to unpack it.  So I got that.  It did
> not work on my ST2.  Some kind soul sent me another copy, and
> that did not work either.

And MINIBBS.LZH also failed to extract on a PC with the original LHARC --
I think it was either archived with a non-standard LHARC or it lost
something in the posting.

> --
>     L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
> 	ljdickey@water.UWaterloo.ca	ljdickey@water.BITNET
> 	ljdickey@water.UUCP		..!uunet!watmath!water!ljdickey
> 	ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu

Charles Marslett
STB Systems, Inc.  <== Apply all standard disclaimers
Wordmark Systems   <== No disclaimers required -- that's just me
chasm@attctc.dallas.tx.us

larserio@IFI.UIO.NO (LarsErikOsterud) (10/07/89)

Hold on - I'll post the newest bug-fixed version today !!
It is packed with ARC 5.21 and contains documentation and utility-programs
(for MIDI-net and OUTPUT redirection, >FILE.EXT, for programs like LHARC).
It also describes the cookie/fortune file format MiniBBS uses !!!

 Lars-Erik  /  ABK-BBS +47 2132659  /   ____ ______ ________________________
  Osterud  /  larserio@ifi.uio.no  /   /___    /            The norwegian ST
__________/ ______________________/   ____/   /   Klubben,  user association

hv@chyde.uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) (10/08/89)

In article <9598@attctc.Dallas.TX.US> chasm@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Charles Marslett) writes:
>In article <2686@water.waterloo.edu>, ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) writes:
>And MINIBBS.LZH also failed to extract on a PC with the original LHARC --
>I think it was either archived with a non-standard LHARC or it lost
>something in the posting.

I think your Lharc needs updating. I extracted this file without problems
in my PC/At with Lharc v1.13c. Perhaps this same is to Atari. I remember
there are two versions of Lharc to Atari as well.

--
	Harri Valkama			: email:  hv@chyde.uwasa.fi (internet)
Computer Centre, University of Vaasa	: