[comp.sys.atari.st] Look! 10, count 'em, 10 mushrooms

orc@pell.uucp (david parsons) (10/10/89)

On 8 Oct 89 16:23:16 GMT, thurlow@convex.com (Robert Thurlow) wrote:
>orc@pell.uucp (david parsons) writes:
>>  1) Levee, written by me; it's available on Bix for certain; it may be in
>>     some of the archives.
>David, has Levee been fixed yet?  I like it a whole lot (most complete
>features set I've seen on an ST), but I can't use it if pressing a key
>during scrolling is going to crash the program and lose everything.

  Well, no, it hasn't been fixed, but that's cause I never run into the
problem. ("problem" - that's a nice way to say "<censored> cheapo operating
system bug")  The only time I hit the bug in the last couple of years was
a couple of minutes ago, when I made the system puke by loading in a 40k
file and LEANING on the ^D key (and even then it was about 30k down before
the shrooms walked across the screen.)

 The easy solution would be to just eat typeahead, but I've a friend here
who would beat me into a pulp with my keyboard if I was to implement such
a fix.  *sigh* one of those goddamn things that make me wonder why I didn't
buy a Mac...

 I'll figure out a "fix" and wire it into Levee this week.

 -david parsons

thurlow@convex.com (Robert Thurlow) (10/12/89)

Sounds good.  What's doing it to you on that bug, anyway?

Rob T
--
Rob Thurlow - Expatriate Canadian                      thurlow@convex.com
"From the heart of 'The Friendship State'"