[comp.sys.atari.st] Stop griping for a moment

dat_08@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Jared Brennan) (10/13/89)

In article <462a4b3d.14a1f@force.UUCP>
	covertr@force.UUCP (Richard E. Covert) writes:
>Ok, now weill I didn't go to the WAACE Atari fest last weekend, I heard that
>the STacy on display at the show was the same old prototype that Atari has
>been showing for months!! It wasn't even a production model.

	No, and no, and no.  It was Gadgets by Small's Stacy, not Atari's.
Whether or not it is a production model or not I can't tell you.

>P.S. so, where was the TT, 1040STe, CD ROMs, PC DITTO II?? Did Atari
>have the TOS 1.4 EPROMs for sell at the show?? Did Atari, the company,
>show anything NEW at the show??

	Dealers had the TOS 1.4 EPROMs for sale at the show.  Atari has
already stated that all TOS 1.4 ROMs will be sold through dealers, so
it's no use asking if Atari had TOS 1.4 EPROMs for sale.

	PC Ditto II was not shown because of scheduling problems.
PC Ditto II is not SHIPPING because it's not ready yet -- it's waiting
on a cable assembly which will make it simpler to install.

	The TT, 1040STe, and the CD-ROM were not shown.  If they had,
no doubt you would still be complaining about vaporware.  Just as well
they didn't, eh, so you could be justified . . .

	I wasn't there long enough to address any of your other
questions, so I won't include them.  Sorry.