[comp.sys.atari.st] Who has an executable version of MicroEmacs 3.10?

colas@mirsa.inria.fr (Colas NAHABOO) (10/13/89)

I grabbed recently the uemacs3.10 sources on purdue, but didn't manage to
compile it successfully with MWC 3.0.6: It works, but:
	1) It does not use inverse video for mode lines
	2) it aborts with 4 bombs when trying to do TOS functions
	   (for instance with ^X-!) under msh (v2 or v3)

Could someone who have a working binary could just put it by ftp on
terminator.cc.umich.edu, where anybody could grab it? (or mail it to me,
I would then put it myself on terminator...) -- or tell me what flag to set
to re-compile it properly?

Uemacs 3.10 seems a very reasonable alternative to Gnu emacs, especially on
a floppy-based 1Meg ST!!!

Thanks,
		colas.

hase@netmbx.UUCP (Hartmut Semken) (10/14/89)

In article <250@mirsa.inria.fr> colas@mirsa.inria.fr (Colas NAHABOO) writes:
>I grabbed recently the uemacs3.10 sources on purdue, but didn't manage to
>compile it successfully with MWC 3.0.6: It works, but:
>	1) It does not use inverse video for mode lines
>	2) it aborts with 4 bombs when trying to do TOS functions
>	   (for instance with ^X-!) under msh (v2 or v3)

The compiled binary that came with the original distribution disks did
just the same.

Didn't find the bug (didn't look very much :-)

hase
--
Hartmut Semken, Lupsteiner Weg 67, 1000 Berlin 37 hase@netmbx.UUCP
Dennis had stepped up into the top seat whet its founder had died of a