[comp.sys.atari.st] size of STeVIe

rgg@uluru11.ecr.mu.oz (Rupert Graham GOLDIE) (10/11/89)

	~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Wa-La!  The version I compiled was much more robust and almost 1/2 the size!
> (well, ~90K instead of 100+whatever)  Haven't gotten around to
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> fixing any more bugs yet  (like hitting 'n' w/out previous reg-exp)

> 					----Jon
> 					(internet: jmccarty@ucsd.edu)
> 					(bitnet? what's that?? @8-)
	I got STEVIE from terminator and gasped at its 186K but when I ran it
through removesym (posted a little while back for removing symbol tables so
that pack would work ) it ended up at about 60K !!! and after packing it is
even smaller. (However I must admit that I haven't used it much yet and so I
can't say how robust it is.)

			Rupert G. Goldie

rgg@uluru.ecr.mu.OZ.AU

BUGGS@cup.portal.com (William Edward JuneJr) (10/14/89)

> removesym (posted a little while back for removing symbol tables)

Posted where?! I'c like a copy of this!

                ^S/B I'd, eh?

Ed June