[comp.sys.atari.st] GEM text editor

iczer@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Ted Uhlemann) (10/14/89)

Can someone reccomend a decent small-sized (under 50k) GEM-based text editor
for me?  Preferibly in .ACC format, but not necessary.  I've been looking
around for something like this for the last week, and all I've been able to
find is an ACC called DIARY that has a STATIC buffer size of 8k, and then
something called PEDIT which took up 100k and didn't even have a GEM interface.

HelP!

pa1329@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (pa1329) (10/16/89)

In article <9714@attctc.Dallas.TX.US> iczer@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Ted Uhlemann) writes:
>Can someone reccomend a decent small-sized (under 50k) GEM-based text editor
>for me?  Preferibly in .ACC format, but not necessary.  I've been looking
>around for something like this for the last week, and all I've been able to
>find is an ACC called DIARY that has a STATIC buffer size of 8k, and then
>something called PEDIT which took up 100k and didn't even have a GEM interface.
>
>HelP!

There is a GEM-based desk assessory editor called STEDT (?) from Canada.
It has a nice GEM interface (even pull-down menus attached to the
window).  There is a demo version going around with save disabled.
However, if you use the clipboard feature (this is the only ST
program so far I know which supports the standard GEM clipboard) you
can paste all your text to disk in the file "scrap.txt". It is a very
nice editor.