[comp.sys.atari.st] Problems with LASER C 2.1

depeche@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Sam Alan EZUST) (10/16/89)

Anyone else have this problem:
Whenever I use the "goto line" function or the "find" command from the
shell I loose the mouse pointer.. THat is, it's there but I can't see it.

I gotta run another GEM program which switches the pointer back on before
I can see what I am doing.

grrr. how frustrating. I can't wait to get PC-Speed so I can run f*cking
Turbo C. I sent a letter to Megamax. I will tell you how long they take to
reply to it...

--
 S. Alan Ezust aka "Depeche Modem"       depeche@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca
 McGill University Computer Science      Disclaimer: I claim everything!

larserio@IFI.UIO.NO (LarsErikOsterud) (10/16/89)

Why do you need PC-Speed to run Turbo-C ?
There is a Turbo-C compiler for Atari ST !!

 Lars-Erik  /  ABK-BBS +47 2132659  /   ____ ______ ________________________
  Osterud  /  larserio@ifi.uio.no  /   /___    /            The norwegian ST
__________/ ______________________/   ____/   /   Klubben,  user association

pa1329@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (pa1329) (10/16/89)

Turbo C will not be available for the Atari ST in the USA, as
Borland has no plan to sell this product in the USA market.  I
remember Borland even denied the existence of ST Turbo C. As far
as Atarians in the USA are concerned, Turbo C is not a product, so
forget about it.  Thus
we only have choices between Mark W. C and Laser C.

t19@nikhefh.nikhef.nl (Geert J v Oldenborgh) (10/17/89)

In article <1349@sdcc13.ucsd.edu>, pa1329@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (pa1329) writes:

> Turbo C will not be available for the Atari ST in the USA, as
> Borland has no plan to sell this product in the USA market.  I
> remember Borland even denied the existence of ST Turbo C. As far
> as Atarians in the USA are concerned, Turbo C is not a product, so
> forget about it.  Thus
> we only have choices between Mark W. C and Laser C.

So, why don't you phone a dealer in Europe, tell him your credit card number
and two weeks later receive a nice European compiler in the mail?  I know a
few who have done just that, it even worked !

The world is not all that large ...

G.J.van Oldenborgh, no connection to Borland, Heimsoeth other than a satisfied
customer.

robert@duttnph.tudelft.nl (Robert de Vries) (10/17/89)

In article <1349@sdcc13.ucsd.edu> pa1329@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (pa1329) writes:

>Turbo C will not be available for the Atari ST in the USA, as
>Borland has no plan to sell this product in the USA market.  I
>remember Borland even denied the existence of ST Turbo C. As far
>as Atarians in the USA are concerned, Turbo C is not a product, so
>forget about it.  Thus
>we only have choices between Mark W. C and Laser C.

OK, you have to buy the stuff directly from the European vendor.
If enough people in the US try to buy the compiler, the guys at Borland
will change their minds (eventually).

I just got an add from a German magazine called "ST Magazin" from September
1989. It says that a company called Borland GmbH in Germany (they changed
their name is suppose) is selling the package for some 228 DM. ($100)
The developers version including an assembler and symbolic debugger
costs 342 DM. ($160).

The address of this company is:
BORLAND GmbH
Lindwurmstrasse 88
D-8000 Muenchen 2
Telex 5212637 mcm d
Telefax (089) 779339
Tel. (089) 72010-201/202
All this is in West-Germany.
Remember that these numbers are only valid from within W-Germany.
I think that you have to leave the initial 0 (of 089) away when you call
from any other country than W-Germany.

suhonen@tukki.jyu.fi (Timo Suhonen) (10/18/89)

In article <290@nikhefh.nikhef.nl> t19@nikhefh.nikhef.nl (Geert J v Oldenborgh) writes:
>In article <1349@sdcc13.ucsd.edu>, pa1329@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (pa1329) writes:
>>
>> Turbo C will not be available for the Atari ST in the USA, as
   [stuff deleted]

>So, why don't you phone a dealer in Europe, tell him your credit card number

What is their address, I'd like to write.... (don't have a telephone  B-) )

--
Timo Suhonen                                           suhonen@tukki.jyu.fi
Disclaimer: The text above is from my left brain cell. The right one is for