[comp.sys.atari.st] Running from different environments

hedger@inmet (10/18/89)

I just got my ST so I'm a real novice, and this may seem like a really
naive question but here goes: Is your program set up to use or try to
use the hard disk at all? When your program was first installed was the
hard drive on? At installation time is it possible that the program in
question put a file on the harddisk that he needs to see to initialize
and run?
Just groping.

| Keith Hedger :  {...!}uunet!inmet!hedger   hedger@inmet.inmet.com |
|    'It is a sad, but beautiful world..........'                   |

lake@ka3ovk.uucp (Marshall Lake) (10/20/89)

In article <30200004@inmet> hedger@inmet writes:

>I just got my ST so I'm a real novice, and this may seem like a really
>naive question but here goes: Is your program set up to use or try to
>use the hard disk at all? When your program was first installed was the
>hard drive on? At installation time is it possible that the program in
>question put a file on the harddisk that he needs to see to initialize
>and run?
>Just groping.

Thanks for your help.  No, it's nothing like any of that.  The program
reads and writes files but it just uses whatever it was booted on ...
floppy or hd.  There's something else.

It appears I'm just groping, also.

If you have any other thoughts, pass them on please.

Marshall
lake@ka3ovk