[comp.sys.atari.st] Spectre GCR availability?

BHOLMES@WAYNEST1.BITNET (Brian Holmes) (10/22/89)

Is anyone shipping Spectre GCR yet?

                        Brian Holmes
                        CSC Operating Systems & Communications

SNAIL    : Wayne State University, 5925 Woodward, Detroit MI 48202 U.S.A.
BITNET   : BHOLMES@WAYNEST1
INTERNET : Brian_Holmes@UM.CC.UMICH.EDU
UUCP     : {UMIX|ITIVAX}!WAYNE-MTS!BRIAN_HOLMES

kerchen@iris.ucdavis.edu (Paul Kerchen) (10/23/89)

In article <8910220705.AA04829@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> BHOLMES@WAYNEST1.BITNET (Brian Holmes) writes:
>Is anyone shipping Spectre GCR yet?

Yes, I just saw it here in the Davis (Calif.) area for $250 (+tax) and $150
for the 128K roms.  The dealer had two or three of them.  He also had
the Magic Sac+ for $35 (64K roms included).  A bit of a difference in
price, I must say.

Paul Kerchen				| kerchen@iris.ucdavis.edu

scott@cs.odu.edu (Scott Yelich) (10/23/89)

>   Yes, I just saw it here in the Davis (Calif.) area for $250 (+tax) and $150
>   for the 128K roms.  The dealer had two or three of them.  He also had
>   the Magic Sac+ for $35 (64K roms included).  A bit of a difference in
>   price, I must say.

I got one at the WAACE event for $29.
There was another for $35.

reason:  no instructions.

         no problem... the first one I bought came with instructions..

ps:  I didn't get the second one because I was too overwhelmed with
     ``I WANT EVERYTHING!'' so I spread my money as best as I could.

pps:  I just saw a hard drive for $80 on the net... THAT got my attention!

 Scott D. Yelich                                 scott@cs.odu.edu [128.82.8.1]
 After he pushed me off the cliff, he asked me, as I fell, ``Why'd you jump?''

AKISUJAR@NUSVM.BITNET ("S. Sujarittanonta") (10/24/89)

B Holme ask if the Spectre GCR is available yet?

I sent a message to Dan Moore 2 days ago because I cannot contact Dave
Small ( his Bitnet address is so complicate that I don't kow how to fill
it in the UserID and NodeID ).

 Dan mentioned to me that (I sure that he would not mind I'm qouting his
message) he met Dave on 19 October and had told that Spectre GCR has been
shipping out to those pre-orders for at least 4 Weeks.  Gadgets by Small just
received another production run of the cartridge (few hundred pcs) and now busy
stuffing them into the boxs. Dan also does not know when they will finish
clearing the pre-order lot.  I have ordered 4 Pcs of Spectre GCR since July and
still keep watching for the Federal Express man to apprear at my front door.
   S. Sujarittanonta, School of Architecture, National University of Singapore.

EESD11O@CALSTATE.BITNET (Ed Krimen) (10/26/89)

A friend of mine here at California State University, Chico got his GCR a
couple of weeks ago.  He loves it.  I think, however, that he pre-ordered it
a long time ago.  He owns the original Spectre also.  I heard a a couple of
months ago that Gadgets was backordered a couple of batches.  Unless you
ordered it a long time ago, it may be sometime until the dealers get them.  I
hope this answers your question at least a little.