[comp.sys.atari.st] Analog ends in December

hcj@lzaz.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) (10/25/89)

In case you subscribe, you may want to know that Analog will cease
publication in Dec 1989.

Howard C. Johnson
ATT Bell Labs
att!lzaz!hcj
hcj@lzaz.att.com

wrd@tekigm2.MEN.TEK.COM (Bill Dippert) (10/25/89)

In article <835@lzaz.ATT.COM> hcj@lzaz.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) writes:
>In case you subscribe, you may want to know that Analog will cease
>publication in Dec 1989.

Do you mean that are subscriptions will come to a screeching halt, or are they
merely combining Analog with their ST mag (STLOG?) similarly to what ANTIC is
doing?  I suspect that both magazines are combining their 8 bit and 16 bit
coverages into one magazine and that both will go to disk only subscriptions.

ron@gsbmva.uchicago.edu (Ronald J. Rangel) (10/25/89)

STlog and Analog will be merged into one mag.  Analog was the best
Atari mag out there - and STlog was good too.  I haven't read Analog
in years but STlog went down the toilet (IMHO).  Bad magazines just
waste advertising dollars that good magazines could use to become even
better.  I hope they go under and Larry Flint loses money.

Ron Rangel

crsp_joel@gsbacd.uchicago.edu

lake@ka3ovk.uucp (Marshall Lake) (10/26/89)

In article <835@lzaz.ATT.COM> hcj@lzaz.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) writes:
>In case you subscribe, you may want to know that Analog will cease
>publication in Dec 1989.

Isn't Analog and ST Log going to be combined into one
publication?

hedger@inmet (10/26/89)

I just bought the latest issue of Analogue last night....it's the first
one in the new merged (analogue,stlog) format. In the editorial page,
the tone was very upbeat and no mention was made of the magazine ending.
As a matter of fact the editorial said that existing subscriptions for
each of the old magazines will be transferred to the new merged magazine
and that if you previously held subscriptions to both magazines, the
subscriptions would be added together and applied to the merged mag.
Doesn't sound to me like they are going under.

| Keith Hedger :  {...!}uunet!inmet!hedger   hedger@inmet.inmet.com |
|    'It is a sad, but beautiful world..........'                   |