[comp.sys.atari.st] Graphics interfaces

01659@AECLCR.BITNET (Greg Csullog) (10/24/89)

One netter used the argument that graphics interfaces are not important
and the proof was that there a zillions of PCs without such interfaces.

Unfortunately, business leaders felt that if you gave an employee a computer,
he would be able to use it effectively because computers are so powerful.
What business types did not realize is that the PC, with its lack of a human
tolerable interface, would cost them incredible amounts of $$$$ in training,
re-training, re-training.....

At my workplace, we have over 400 PCs, 150+ Macs and just under 100 Ataris.
To support PC users, there are dBASE courses, Word Perfect courses, LOTUS
courses etc. Why?, no common interface. There are NO Mac or Atari specific
courses because they're not needed - we do quite all right without them.

Any PC user who quotes "286/33MHz" to you does not understand or refuses
to accept the concept that moving data between appl is just as important as
using appl (except for the poor PC user who only knows one appl.).

In research, more time is spent doing reports than number crunching. For
handling data and report generation, the PC cannot touch the Mac.

terrell@cadnetix.COM (Eric Terrell) (10/27/89)

In article <8910250702.AA02215@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> 01659@AECLCR.BITNET (Greg Csullog) writes:
>Any PC user who quotes "286/33MHz" to you does not understand or refuses
>to accept the concept that moving data between appl is just as important as
>using appl (except for the poor PC user who only knows one appl.).
>
>In research, more time is spent doing reports than number crunching. For
>handling data and report generation, the PC cannot touch the Mac.

The bandwidth that counts is that between the user's head and the
program.

Terrell