[comp.sys.atari.st] Languages!!!!

ehsnsr@JUPITER.NMT.EDU (Eric Hobbs) (11/14/89)

Hello Again.

     I have received a few replies that mention that some versions of GFA BASIC
are in the public domain. Is this true? If so, where can I get it without
having to spend money for it. It must be legal, of course. What can I say? I'm
a cheap S.O.B. who doesn't really want to spend $15 for a back issue of
STart. :-)    :-P'''

Thanks again.

Eric Hobbs
ehsnsr@JUPITER.nmt.edu

davidli@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU (Dave Meile) (11/15/89)

In article <8911140429.AA09971@jupiter.nmt.edu> ehsnsr@JUPITER.NMT.EDU (Eric Hobbs) writes:
>     I have received a few replies that mention that some versions of GFA BASIC
>are in the public domain. Is this true? If so, where can I get it without
>having to spend money for it. It must be legal, of course. What can I say? I'm
>a cheap S.O.B. who doesn't really want to spend $15 for a back issue of
>STart. :-)    :-P'''

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

There are NO versions of GFA BASIC in the public domain.  You can pirate the
software, if you really want to, I suppose, and contribute to the Gilman Louie
Hall of Infamy, but I'd suggest that you actually
PAY for the January 1989 issue of START magazine instead.  (Or, purchase
version 3.0 from ANTIC...)

There -- see what misinformation gets you folks?  [This pointed at all those
well-meaning, but nevertheless WRONG, people who said "I think it must be
in the public domain 'cuz it was published in a magazine".]

Get your facts straight guys!

-- David Paschall-Zimbel