[comp.sys.atari.st] Trying to read an Atari St Gem-Dos disk on a Mac SE using FD/HD

Don.Weeks@p0.f3107.n124.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Don Weeks) (11/07/89)

Peter,
  I do this all the time. SE/30->Atari and back. I do have to preformat
  the disks in DOS format before hand. In this way both the MAC and ST
  can read/write the disks. I think that there might be a couple of
  public domain programs that will format the Atari disks with the DOS
  directory structure.
                            Hope this helps.
                                   Don Weeks

 --- Ned 1.00 s

--
Internet: Don.Weeks@p0.f3107.n124.z1.FIDONET.ORG
UUCP: ...!attctc!tlsi!3107.0!Don.Weeks

ge@kunivv1.sci.kun.nl (Ge' Weijers) (11/22/89)

Don.Weeks@p0.f3107.n124.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Don Weeks) writes:

>Peter,
>  I do this all the time. SE/30->Atari and back. I do have to preformat
>  the disks in DOS format before hand. In this way both the MAC and ST
>  can read/write the disks. I think that there might be a couple of
>  public domain programs that will format the Atari disks with the DOS
>  directory structure.
>                            Hope this helps.
>                                   Don Weeks

I've posted such a program to comp.binaries.atari.st some months ago.
I'll mail it to anyone on request. It's nothing spectacular, but it does
the job. I'm working on a version that generates 'twisted' sectors, but
that takes a lot of time I don't have currently.

Ge' Weijers

Ge' Weijers                                    Internet/UUCP: ge@cs.kun.nl
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science,   (uunet.uu.net!cs.kun.nl!ge)
University of Nijmegen, Toernooiveld 1
6525 ED Nijmegen, the Netherlands              tel. +3180612483 (UTC-2)