[comp.sys.atari.st] Atari Support -- a different perspective

towns@atari.UUCP (John Townsend) (11/11/89)

in article <8911071515.AA11262@cs.wm.edu>, csrobe@cs.wm.edu (Chip Roberson) says:

> To keep from wasting more bandwidth, I want to re-iterate that
> Atari's online/network presence has mad a difference with this
> customer and I wish to thank them for that.  I hope that Atari
> sees the importance in such user contact and maintains them as we
> see the new products hit the streets.

It's nice to see comments like this. Don't worry, we aren't going
anywhere!

-- John Townsend					ames!atari!towns
   Atari Corporation, Title Unknown!

Bob_BobR_Retelle@cup.portal.com (11/13/89)

Chip Robertson observes:
>... Atari's delivery record has left me feeling lacking, but I would like
>to accentuate a positive point.  If it had not been for this network
>in general and Atari employees like Allan Pratt, Ken Badertscher,
>et al. clearing up rumors and providing solutions, my view of Atari
>and the ST would be quiet different.

What Chip and most others don't realize is that Allan's, Ken's and all the
other Atari "representative's" presence here (and elsewhere) is *NOT*
"official" Atari policy...  anything these dedicated Atari people may say
is *NOT* "official" as far as Atari Corp is concerned.

Neil Harris tried to parlay his "official" presence for favors from the
various online services, and with the exception of the one run by his
personal friend, failed at the attempt. For some reason, most of these
online services refused to be "bought" by having an "official" person
from Atari involved.  Only the one his "buddy" ran bought into his
peculiar brand of "public relations".  On that service, his word
was gospel law.. and anyone who didn't fall into line was *out*

Those who have been so helpful here on UseNet have been so on their
own time..  and at their own peril..  information from Allen, Ken and
the others from Atari has helped to fill the "official" vaccuum from
Atari...  and yes.. they do deserve the utmost thanks from ALL Atari
users...!

BobR

Bob_BobR_Retelle@cup.portal.com (11/13/89)

>-- John Townsend					ames!atari!towns
>   Atari Corporation, Title Unknown!

"Title Unknown"...   that's pretty sad...  Atari Corp has such a team of
*excellent* people and still doesn't know how to get the most out of them...

I hope that John, and Allan and Ken, and all the other excellent individuals
at Atari Corp.  understand that my criticisms of Atari are directed at the
"top" management, and not at them...

If only Atari would let these individuals apply their ideas to how their
departments should be run, maybe we'd see a VERY different Atari Corp..!

BobR

schock@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Craig Schock) (11/24/89)

In article <24000@cup.portal.com>, Bob_BobR_Retelle@cup.portal.com writes:
!> >-- John Townsend					ames!atari!towns
!> >   Atari Corporation, Title Unknown!
!>
!>
!> "Title Unknown"...   that's pretty sad...  Atari Corp has such a team of
!> *excellent* people and still doesn't know how to get the most out of them...
!>
!> I hope that John, and Allan and Ken, and all the other excellent individuals
!> at Atari Corp.  understand that my criticisms of Atari are directed at the
!> "top" management, and not at them...
!>
!> If only Atari would let these individuals apply their ideas to how their
!> departments should be run, maybe we'd see a VERY different Atari Corp..!
!>
!> BobR

And perhaps if you would quit adding noise to this group ...

No one minds constructive criticism; however, the above message is not at all
constructive. I've just finished reading about 7 or 8 letters from you and
I haven't as of yet found anything, interesting, innovative or even worthy
of more than a glance.  Perhaps you've been screwed around by Atari, but
if your attitude was the same with them as it was in your last messages,
I can see why.

Craig Schock

University of Calgary.