[comp.sys.atari.st] Mega4ST/SLM804/Turbo16 needed

ramsiri@blake.acs.washington.edu (Enartloc Nhoj) (11/23/89)

Why do I want a TT?  Why do I complain?  Because my livelihood
depends on it.

I am about to take on another major scoring job- full symphony/4 movements
that needs to be delivered in January.

Unfortunately, the graphics of the ST is mighty slow when you start
shifting a full score around on the screen.  This leads to mistakes
if not a heart attack due to frustration.  I really want a fast 030.

Buy a MAC?  no way... the ATARI software is better.  So I have to
relegate myself to the ST... I have been holding off buying a Mega
for a long time.. thinking the TT was just around the corner.

I don't know why i thought that... perhaps its just a good marketing
plan on the part of ATARi... get as many megas off the shelf for
the OLD price before we introduce the TT...

If the MAC had an ATARI emulator,  I'd use NOTATOR on the MAC..
Some of us own a machine for its SOFTWARE.

-kevin
Anybody interested in unloading their Mega4ST/SLM804 (or HP)
please let me know...  i may need it next week.

ramsiri@blake.acs.washington.edu

mfolivo@sactoh0.UUCP (Mark F. Newton) (11/24/89)

In article <4598@blake.acs.washington.edu>, ramsiri@blake.acs.washington.edu (Enartloc Nhoj) writes:
> Why do I want a TT?  Why do I complain?  Because my livelihood
> depends on it.
>
> I am about to take on another major scoring job- full symphony/4 movements
> that needs to be delivered in January.

Well, if you are scoring, then I would think it depends on how much
you want to spend. The most cost-effective way to go is a Mega4 and
SLM804 laser, and the SM194 (?) big screen monitor. There's a PD
graphics accelerator, and combined with the Blitter, it makes word
processing with GDOS faster (for me).

The TT is a fine machine, but doesn't cost twice as much as the 4Mb
laser system? If cost is not a problem, call an English Atari
store, and order one.

(By the way, I know what you mean about scoring, I used to be a
music major, and we used to have to do our projects by hand, and
with india ink...)

Sore ja,
Shinobu

Sacramento, CA     pacbell!sactoh0!mfolivo
        mmsac!sactoh0!mfolivo

"Issho kakete iwasete miseru-cha"
"Imawano kiwani itteyaru."