[comp.sys.atari.st] Ultrascript - Available???

dkhusema@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Dirk Husemann) (11/24/89)

	Hi!

	Some (4) months ago a couple of German ST mags had a review of a
postscript interpreter called Ultrascript. Since of today I could not locate
it here in West Germany I'd like to know wether it's available in the US and
where I could order it? Also, does it include the fonts available on the
LaserWriter II - someone from Atari Germany said so at the SYSTEMS '89 fair
in Munich last month.

	Any information is appreciated!

	Dirk Husemann

---------------------- Smile, tomorrow will be worse! ------------------
X.400:	<S=dkhusema;OU=informatik;P=uni-erlangen;A=dbp;C=de>
RFC822:	dkhusema@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
RFC822: dkhusema@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.dbp.de	[BETTER!FASTER!]
UUCP:	{pyramid,unido}!fauern!immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de!dkhusema
-- Beam me up, Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here! --
------------------- My opinions are mine, mine, mine -------------------

dillenbu@uicbert.eecs.uic.edu (11/24/89)

  I brought UltraScript from a place called Computer Cellar located
in St. Charles IL (USA).  It cost $175.00 and has Lucida fonts.  Other
font packages are available such as Times Helvetica, Courier etc. with
prices ranging from $100.00 to $150.00.  UltraScript and the fonts are
available from:
      IMAGEN Corporation
      P.O. Box 58101
      Santa Clara, CA
      95052-8101

      (800)-635-3997 to order by phone.

I have UltraScript and it works great, only you need at least 2+ Mb of
memory for it to be useful (it will not even work on a 1 Mb ST with TOS
in ROM!).  Hope this helps.
      -= John Dillenburg =-
      dillenbu@uicbert.eecs.uic.edu

hedley@imagen.UUCP (Hedley Rainnie) (11/26/89)

In article <63300005@uicbert.eecs.uic.edu>, dillenbu@uicbert.eecs.uic.edu writes:

> I have UltraScript and it works great, only you need at least 2+ Mb of
> memory for it to be useful (it will not even work on a 1 Mb ST with TOS
> in ROM!).  Hope this helps.
>       -= John Dillenburg =-
>       dillenbu@uicbert.eecs.uic.edu

This is not true today, it was true about 5 months ago. I finished a
version called UltraScript ST-1, and it does work on a 1 Mb ST.
(Mind you you will be strapped for RAM, i.e. NO TSRs that eat RAM, I need
it all).

Hedley

PS: If you have questions about the ST versions of US, I did the port so
feel free to ask.

--
{decwrl!sun}!imagen!iit!hedley
hedley@imagen.com