[comp.sys.atari.st] BLiTTER for 520/1040

hase@netmbx.UUCP (Hartmut Semken) (11/26/89)

In article <8911222205.AA15304@es56.escd.uucp> karl@es56.UUCP (Karl Rowley) writes:

>I have been reading this newsgroup from the beginning, and I know that
>Neil Harris did state very clearly a number of times that the blitter
>upgrade would be available for the 520 ST and 1040 ST.  Since he worked
>for Atari at that time, the statements were assumed to have some
>credibility.

Well, the BLiTTER is availeble for 520 and 1040 ST.
Not from Atari; but arn't we used to get things promised by Atari and
sold by some third party developer?

I have a BLiTTER in my 1985 520ST+.
Got the board from a german company (Rolf Rocke Computer), the chip
itself as "spare part" from an Atari dealer.
The board is around DM 150, the chip almost the same. (a dollar buys DM
1,7910 today).

Well, I think a 16 MHz CPU and Quick ST (this very nice little shareware
program) will perform better (but be more exspensive).

hase
--
Hartmut Semken, Lupsteiner Weg 67, 1000 Berlin 37 hase@netmbx.UUCP
Dennis had stepped up into the top seat whet its founder had died of a