[comp.sys.atari.st] Cold Reset

R.D.Chafer@sysc.salford.ac.UK (11/27/89)

>Date: 27 Nov 89 07:29:14 GMT
>From: cs.utexas.edu!samsung!caesar.cs.montana.edu!blake!themod@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu  (Chris Hinton)
>Subject: Cold Start
>
>  Help!  I have search high and low, through every manual I could lay my
>grubby paws on, and yet I can find no documentation on how to perform a
>cold start from software.  If some kind soul out there can send me code
>(C or Assembly preferable) I would be most appreciative.
>
>  Thanks for your help.
>
> Chris Hinton
> themod@blake.acs.washington.edu

I have not tried this, so it may not work:
You could try zeroing the STs magic numbers and doing a soft reset. The
actual names of the system variables to zero escape me at present but
are probably something like 'memvalid' or 'stmagic' (They are set to PI
and e I think).
                         Robert Chafer

From:  Robert Chafer

    Computing Centre             Telephone: +44 61 736 5843 x 672 or x7328,
    University of Salford,
    Salford M5 4WT
    UK

E-mail: