[comp.sys.atari.st] Craft & TOS 1.4

lippu@KARL.HKKK.FI (Esa Matti Lippu) (11/27/89)

I have Craft 2.0 Program Development Environment (shell and editor)
from ComMedia. To my disappointment the shifted cursor keys stopped
functioning as I upgraded to TOS 1.4 (Swedish version). Any similar
experiences? Actually, the same problem was present when using
KBEXT by Ronald Waldi.

BTW, Craft is my favourite shell, I don't use gulam, my earlier
favourite, any more. To be able to pipe and set mydate = `date`
and play much more creatively with shell variables is sufficient
to make the difference to me. I am just a happy customer, nothing
else.

lippu@csc.fi

saj@chinet.chi.il.us (Stephen Jacobs) (11/27/89)

On the subject of shells: does any shell handle the UNIX element of here
documents (the << mechanism)?  I'm mostly familiar with msh, which doesn't
                                   Steve J.

bobw@hpsad.HP.COM (Bob Waltenspiel) (11/29/89)

>I have Craft 2.0 Program Development Environment (shell and editor)
>from ComMedia. To my disappointment the shifted cursor keys stopped
>functioning as I upgraded to TOS 1.4 (Swedish version). Any similar
>experiences? Actually, the same problem was present when using
>KBEXT by Ronald Waldi.
>
>BTW, Craft is my favourite shell, I don't use gulam, my earlier
>favourite, any more. To be able to pipe and set mydate = `date`
>and play much more creatively with shell variables is sufficient
>to make the difference to me. I am just a happy customer, nothing
>else.
>
>lippu@csc.fi
>----------

Tell us more about Craft, please.  How much does it cost and where do
I get a copy?

 ----------------------------------- -----------------------------------------
| Bob Waltenspiel                   | e-mail: bobw@hpsad (hplabs!hpsad!..)    |
| ATE Software Team                 | Telnet: 794-3091                        |
| HP Signal Analysis Division       | AT&T: (707) 794-3091                    |
| 1212 Valley House Dr.             | HPDesk: Bob WALTENSPIEL/HP5300/A0       |
| Rohnert Park, CA 94928-4999       | HP Mailstop: 1UR-M                      |
 ----------------------------------- -----------------------------------------

This goes along with another belief of mine: that everyone else my age
is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

					Margaret Atwood
					"Cat's Eye"

gert@fwi.uva.nl (Gert Poletiek) (11/29/89)

In article <1989Nov27.143317.2881@chinet.chi.il.us> saj@chinet.chi.il.us (Stephen Jacobs) writes:
>On the subject of shells: does any shell handle the UNIX element of here
>documents (the << mechanism)?  I'm mostly familiar with msh, which doesn't
>                                   Steve J.

The CRAFT shell version 3.0 will support this. I will not give a release
date here because I'm still working on it.

--
Gert Poletiek  Dept. of Math. and Computing Science, University of Amsterdam,
               Kruislaan 409, NL-1098 SJ  Amsterdam, The Netherlands

alleyne@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Brian Derek Alleyne) (12/01/89)

I tried posting this once from my site already but there seems to be
something wrong with our news program, as I can't read it from this site.

NOTE: This message is from depeche@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca; please do not

I just upgraded my 1040ST to tos 1.4. I really like the speedup of the
hard disk but there are a few questions I have about it.

1] When I format a disk from the desktop, nomatter what disk or what
drive I am using, I get 'bad disk' errors when it nears track 79 or so.
These disks format and work fine if I use Neodesk,. Anyone else have
simmilar problems?

2] I used to use PQ.PRG, a background print buffer by Wayne S.
Arczyinski, but this no longer works on tos 1.4. I sent mail to him
asking about new versions but haven't gotten a reply from him yet. Does
anyone know of a program whic does the same basic thing but also works
on tos 1.4? Spool11.Tos will not do as it is much too slow for my
printer. I need one very urgently!!

3] I have a supra 30mb hard disk which at the moment is setup to
autoboot. When I had tos 1.0 and if I wanted to disable autoboot for one
session (i.e. to play games) I held ctrl-alt-lshift and the floppy would
boot instead of the hard disk. This doesn't work on tos 1.4. Does anyone
know how I can remedy this? (At the  moment I have to unplug the DMA
cord whenever I want to boot directly from floppy).

any and all help would be appreciated, and my sincere apologies if my
time you are seeing them, but I want to make sure...

         -S. Alan Ezust     depeche@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca
       McGill University Dept of Computer Science.