[comp.sys.atari.st] Zmodem

edstrom@UNCAEDU.BITNET (11/03/87)

Has anyone been able to get the zmodem program from uh-info@uhupvm1 to
decode? If so I'd like to borrow your decoder. None of the three I have will
work.

ljdickey@water.UUCP (11/05/87)

In article <871103133655.0h1@UcEdu.UNCA.AdhocNet.CA> edstrom@UNCAEDU.BITNET writes:

>Has anyone been able to get the zmodem program from uh-info@uhupvm1 to
>decode? If so I'd like to borrow your decoder. None of the three I have
>will work.

I also tried the ZMDM stuff from "uh-info@uhupvm1" and was unable to
decode it using UUDECODE and ARC.
Who posted ZMDM?

Maybe, before it is posted again, (please), it could be tested
by someone else.

--
 L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
 ljdickey@watmath.UUCP		UUCP: ...!uunet!watmath!ljdickey

lean@sbcs (Lean L. Loh) (11/05/87)

> Has anyone been able to get the zmodem program from uh-info@uhupvm1 to
> decode? If so I'd like to borrow your decoder. None of the three I have will
> work.

  A few others and myself have also tried to uudecode that file from
uh-info@uhupvm1 unsuccessfully.   I think the copy there is corrupted;
hence your uudecoder might be fine.

  Font Disk #1 from SOftLogik has Devoll, Thames, and Spokane.  All are
fairly nice. However, Devoll and Thames do NOT generate the 'less-than'
and 'greater-than' signs ('<', '>').   Typing Shift-,  or Shift-. gives
you , and . respectively.  Devoll also does not generate the = sign
correctly. Why, i do not know.  Also the Columbia font (in PD) shows the
same syptoms.  Has anyone tried the TIMES and HELVETICA font from
FONT FACTORY?  Is it worth getting?

  Latest (and greatest) version of GULAM is out.  I believe Jim Turner
will be posting it any day now. (..hint, hint , Jim !! ). The new version
has corrected the memory-mugging problem among other things.  Many thanks
to Prabhaker and Jwahar again.
--
CSNET: lean@sbcs.csnet
ARPA: lean%suny-sb.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa

juancho@utcsri.UUCP (11/09/87)

In article <801@sbcs.sunysb.edu> lean@sbcs (Lean L. Loh) writes:
>  Latest (and greatest) version of GULAM is out.  I believe Jim Turner

Post it. !Post it. !Post it. !Post it. !Post it. !Post it. !Post it. !

John W. Buchanan                  Dynamic Graphics Project
               			  Computer Systems Research Institute
(416) 978-6619			  University of Toronto

juancho@toronto.CSNET
{allegra,cornell,decvax,ihnp4,linus,utzoo}!utdgp!juancho
--

John W. Buchanan                  Dynamic Graphics Project
               			  Computer Systems Research Institute
(416) 978-6619			  University of Toronto

juancho@toronto.CSNET
{allegra,cornell,decvax,ihnp4,linus,utzoo}!utdgp!juancho

cmm1@CUNIXA.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Christopher M Mauritz) (05/22/89)

 Hello out there!  Anyone ever try using sz and rz with UniTerm?  I tried last
night and I kept getting TOS error #39.  What does that mean?  Does anyone
know of a zmodem desk.acc that you can call up from any GEM program?  I saw one
that supported SEAlink, but zmodem would be so much nicer.  Also, I just moved
back into my parent's home for a few months and they have call waiting.  Well,
I guess I don't have to tell you what a miserable effect it's having on my
datacommunicatns.  Does anyone know how to turn call waiting off and on?
Thanks.

dsmythe@cup.portal.com (dave l smythe) (05/23/89)

At least in my area (SF Bay Area), the call-waiting feature may be disabled
via *70.  I simply make my dialing prefix: 'ATDT*70,' (the comma is for a delay
which allows you to get steady dial-tone -- the feature invocation causes
stuttered dial tone for a second or so here).

I also had the same problem with Uniterm.  I now simply use the gulam term
emulator and run rz/sz from gulam.

Dave Smythe
dsmythe@cup.portal.com

ehsnsr@JUPITER.NMT.EDU (Eric Hobbs) (12/03/89)

Hi Folks!

     I have the panarthea ZMDM.PRG. I also have the UNIX end of zmodem
that is posted in the panarthea/sources listing. I believe I have compiled
all the UNIX C programs right, but I still can't get it to transfer binary
files. I and my friends, some of whom have a good amount of experience with
zmodem, could get text files to transfer, but we had no luck with binaries.
I also tried transferring binaries using the included UNIX Xmodem and Ymodem
programs, but they didn't work either. I used Uniterm 2.0e with the X and Y
transfers, and I used ZMDM with the Zmodem transfers. I was wondering if
anyone had the same problem. If so, I need some help. Until then, I guess I
will just have to settle for Kermit (too slow) or by doing a file capture
as a file is being uuencoded on the SUN (Not elegant :-)).

Thanxs.

Eric Hobbs
ehsnsr@jupiter.nmt.edu

"Lad. Put away thy gum. Thou knowest not that I come in the service of yams."
                                             -Clay C. Smith