[comp.sys.atari.st] Stunt Car Driver

BAILEYS@FSU.BITNET (NOLES #1) (12/03/89)

Anyone looking for a great game to give to themselves for X-mas??  Well, I
have seen a real doozy!  It's called Stunt Car Driver, and is roughly a
cross between Falcon and Pole Position.  You are the driver of a stunt car
in a 3-D gamespace, jumping and swerving, etc.  Excellent graphics, and has
an option for connecting two ST's via (null) modem for some really good two
player action.  All in all, worth the price (rare for a game).

Bob Marley

neil@cs.hw.ac.uk (Neil Forsyth) (12/04/89)

In article <891202130042340.GKWQ@RAI.CC.FSU.EDU> BAILEYS@FSU.BITNET (NOLES #1) writes:
>Anyone looking for a great game to give to themselves for X-mas??  Well, I
>have seen a real doozy!  It's called Stunt Car Driver, and is roughly a
>cross between Falcon and Pole Position.  You are the driver of a stunt car
>in a 3-D gamespace, jumping and swerving, etc.  Excellent graphics, and has
>an option for connecting two ST's via (null) modem for some really good two
>player action.  All in all, worth the price (rare for a game).
>
>Bob Marley

I second all of the above! Stunt Car Racer is the best game I have ever seen
on the ST! The author, Geoff Crammond, used to write some of the most amazing
games for the BBC Micro (Aviator - Best BBC flight sim ever, Revs - Best
driving game, Sentinel - Strange 3D power struggle). I have no connection
with Geoff other than the fact that his brother used to work here. But that's
not why I recommend Stunt Car Racer.

A game you should definately NOT buy is Hard Drivin'. It's a piece of *&%$!
Only the graphics are the same as the original. It's slow, buggy and a
complete insult to the capabilities of the ST. I guess that's why Domark were
only showing on TT's at the recent computer shows. You get a big stoopid
plastic box with a disk, a badge and a sticker in it.

Anyone played VET yet?

! DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise stated, the above comments are entirely my own !
! "I think all right thinking people in this country are sick and tired of    !
! being told that ordinary decent people are fed up in this country with      !
! being sick and tired. I'm certainly not and I'm sick and tired of being     !
! told that I am!" - Monty Python                                             !
! Neil Forsyth                       JANET:  neil@uk.ac.hw.cs                 !
! Dept. of Computer Science          ARPA:   neil@cs.hw.ac.uk                 !
! Heriot-Watt University             UUCP:   ..!ukc!cs.hw.ac.uk!neil          !
! Edinburgh, Scotland, UK                                                     !