[comp.sys.atari.st] Utrascript ST-1

karl@es56.UUCP (Karl Rowley) (12/01/89)

Has anyone out there tried Ultrascript ST-1?  There is an add in the latest
Start magazine for this new version of Ultrascript.  It supports all sorts
of output devices, including dot matrix printers and the HP Laserjet IIp.

Ultrascript ST-1 and the HP Laserjet IIp may be a good cheap postscript
solution.  It sounds like the Laserjet may require a memory upgrade to
support this -- does anyone know if a memory upgrade is required?

				Karl Rowley
				Evans & Sutherland Computer Division
				Mountain View, California, USA
				escd!karl@decwrl.dec.com
				...!amdahl!escd!karl

covertr@force.UUCP (Richard E. Covert) (12/05/89)

In article <8912010117.AA23074@es56.escd.uucp>, karl@es56.UUCP (Karl Rowley) writes:

> Has anyone out there tried Ultrascript ST-1?  There is an add in the latest
> Start magazine for this new version of Ultrascript.  It supports all sorts
> of output devices, including dot matrix printers and the HP Laserjet IIp.
>
> Ultrascript ST-1 and the HP Laserjet IIp may be a good cheap postscript
> solution.  It sounds like the Laserjet may require a memory upgrade to
> support this -- does anyone know if a memory upgrade is required?
>

> 				Karl Rowley
> 				Evans & Sutherland Computer Division
> 				Mountain View, California, USA
> 				escd!karl@decwrl.dec.com
> 				...!amdahl!escd!karl

I don't know about the HP Laser Jet IIp, but I hust ordered a Panasonic
KX-P4450 Laser Partner from a mail order place in Santa Cruz CA. It came to
$1642 with COD,shipping,the 1 megabyte memory upgrade, and a 12 foot Centronics
parallel printer cable. And yes, UltraScript ST-1 is supposed to work with the
KC-P4450 since it has Laser Jet Plus emulation.

BTW, Panasonic has a toll free techincal support number. It is

	1-800-222-0582

I am going to call them and ask how hard it is to write a printer driver
for the 4450.

All in all, for the price seems like quite a deal!!

--
 Richard E. Covert (covertr@gtephx)
  (602) - 581-4652