[comp.sys.atari.st] Kermit for the ST.

nygard@NPS-CS.ARPA (kendall nygard) (04/22/87)

Jim McCabe asked about a public domain Kermit for the ST.  There is
GEM-Kermit, modified for the ST by Bernhard Nebel of Berlin.  I have
used it a great deal for transferring files between my ST and VAX
computers running UNIX and IBM mainframes.  I much prefer it to the
Kermit that came with the Atari developers kit.  The user interface
is much nicer and, unlike the Atari Kermit, can communicate with IBM
mainframes.  I don't remember whether I downloaded it from the Atari
BBS or from GENIE--it may be on both.
Ken Nygardh

dickey@cwruecmp.UUCP (Lee Dickey) (04/23/87)

In article <8704220727.AA09956@nps-cs.arpa> nygard@NPS-CS.ARPA (Kendall Nygard) writes:
>Jim McCabe asked about a public domain Kermit for the ST.  There is
>GEM-Kermit, modified for the ST by Bernhard Nebel of Berlin.

I like the kermit that comes with Uniterm.  It comes from
Simon Poole in Switzerland.

marc@cpsc.UCalgary.CA (Marc Schroeder) (11/25/89)

Hi there ..

I'd like to incorporate Kermit into my Flash152 term program.

  1) Is this possible?
  2) Where can I get it a copy (if you have one that you're willing
     to send, please respond by e-mail).
  3) How do I install it?

  Thanks in advance,
  Marc.

  /\ _  _      \        iNet/Envoy : m.schroeder (org. id = kort)
 (  / \/ \    / \       e-mail     : marc@cpsc.UCalgary.CA
   /  /  /   /   \      Fidonet    : Marc Schroeder @ 1:134/47
  /  /  / (_/____/
        \__/

 Marc A. Schroeder      * 1st year computer science
                          University of Calgary

dbsuther@PacBell.COM (Daniel B. Suthers) (12/01/89)

In article <2165@cs-spool.calgary.UUCP> marc@cpsc.UCalgary.CA (Marc Schroeder) writes:
>I'd like to incorporate Kermit into my Flash152 term program.
>
>  1) Is this possible?

It's VERY EASY.  Simply put the PD kermit.prg into the directory that FLASH
uses for default.  To execute it use FLASH's 'ex' command.
Example 1:  sending a file.
HIT INSERT KEY
TYPE: ex kermit.prg s myfile

Example 2:  recieving a file
Hit the INSERT KEY
TYPE:  ex kermit r

Kermit is a public domain program.

Dan Suthers,  Analyst, Pacific Bell
uucp: {backbone}!pacbell!pbeos!dbsuther
Youth's a difficult time, and it gets harder the longer you try to draw it out.

bobw@hpsad.HP.COM (Bob Waltenspiel) (12/05/89)

>>I'd like to incorporate Kermit into my Flash152 term program.
>>  1) Is this possible?
>
>It's VERY EASY.  Simply put the PD kermit.prg into the directory that FLASH
>uses for default.  To execute it use FLASH's 'ex' command.
>Dan Suthers,  Analyst, Pacific Bell

Sounds great!!  Where do I get kermit.prg?  I tried the various archive
sites: terminator, him1 and dsrgsun.  Any other suggestions?

-Bob