[comp.sys.atari.st] Atari image in USA / Europe

UI0T@DKAUNI2.BITNET ("Thomas Koenig") (12/06/89)

It never ceases to amaze me what kind of image Atari computers
seem to have in the USA as opposed to here in Europe.  As an example,
there were several articles today in the Frankfurter Allgemeine
Zeitung about personal computers (For non-German readers:  The FAZ is
about as serious and buisiness - oriented as newspapers in Germany
ever get, which is quite a lot). One of these articles was about non
- MS-DOS computers, i.e. the Amiga and the Atari. The conclusion was
that the Amiga has an edge in games, the Atari in serious
applications.

I know several buisinesses which run, for example, databases on their
Ataris, because the software available is powerful and easy to use.

Strange, all in all...

Thomas  Koenig                   UI0T@DKAUNI2.BITNET
                                 UI0T%DKAUNI2.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
(soon: new address, old machine) UI0T@IBM3090.RZ.UNI-KARLSRUHE.DBP.DE
'Ich dachte nicht, ich untersuchte.'            Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen

gwangung@blake.acs.washington.edu (Just another theatre geek...) (12/07/89)

In article <"89-12-05-19:03:23.56*UI0T"@DKAUNI2.BITNET> UI0T@DKAUNI2.BITNET ("Thomas Koenig") writes:
>It never ceases to amaze me what kind of image Atari computers
>have in Europe as opposed to in America.

	Indeed.  A recent article in FORBES compared Commodore to Atari and
characterized Commodore as a struggling non-MS DOS company while Atari was
a "computer game" company.  And that the Amiga was second only to MS-DOS
machines in Europe........

--
Roger Tang, Member
Uncle Bonsai Memorial Fan Club