[comp.sys.atari.st] Form Doc's ASCII NOW HERE!

news@tahoe.unr.edu (News ) (12/07/89)

From: mikew@wheeler.wrcr.unr.edu (Mike Whitbeck)

OK ! I have just compiled dvitty and filtered the infamous
form.dvi into good 'ol form.asc  i.e. plain ascii file. You may
have to fiddle with end of line (unix vs tos \r\n vs \n stuff)
but its done.

(well sort of done -- the dvitty driver crashed while doing the
index - jeez how many contributors give ya such a nice manual
with an index even! The last I can remember was UNITERM)

The arc'd (that ok?) file is 163K so if some ONE will give me an
I net address for anon ftp I'll put it out there where it can be
accessed.
|Mike Whitbeck             |                              |
|Desert Research Inst.     | mikew@wheeler.wrc.unr.edu    |
|POB 60220                 |                              |
|RENO, NV 89506            | 702-673-7348                 |
|__________________________|______________________________|

Any simple problem can be made insoluble if enough committee
meetings are held to discuss it.

mikew@wheeler.wrcr.unr.edu (Mike Whitbeck) (12/07/89)

I put a copy on the TERMINATOR archive in
	atari/new/formdoc.arc

I also am mailing a copy for posting in the binaries newsgroup.

BTW- I fixed the index   the manual is 253 pages long with index
and table of contents.

gl8f@bessel.acc.Virginia.EDU (Greg Lindahl) (12/07/89)

In article <3322@tahoe.unr.edu> mikew@wheeler.UUCP (Mike Whitbeck) writes:

>(well sort of done -- the dvitty driver crashed while doing the
>index - jeez how many contributors give ya such a nice manual
>with an index even! The last I can remember was UNITERM)

Yes, when the Uniterm docs were released as a .dvi file, there were
many screams and yells. I offered to print up and sell copies at cost,
but nobody took me up on it. I must say that the Uniterm manual did
look quite nice.

Fortunately, now anyone with a SLM804 can print the .dvi files easily,
and anyone with a monochrome screen can preview them.

------
Greg Lindahl