[comp.sys.atari.st] Form Doc's: Good job, Jos!

colas@falbala.inria.fr (Colas Nahaboo) (12/08/89)

First, let's all support Jos Vermaseren, having a hard time with all the
brain-dead Brett "he or she" Maraldos around...

In article <575@nikhefh.nikhef.nl>, t68@nikhefh.nikhef.nl (Jos
Vermaseren) writes:
>       It uses a customized macro package that was made
> 	by someone else that makes for a very booklet format when
> 	printed with two A5 pages on one A4 sheet in landscape
> 	format.

My question: do you have a program to do this from your dvi, or
must I do some fancy photocopy work? Personally, I do not object to your
posting of the .dvi, just to your choice of a paper format not easily found in
a common laser printer.

Another point:
Richard E. Covert writes:
> Must be some form of Elitest mentatlity to post docs to a program
> in a format that 99% of the people don't use.

Well, forms is intended for maths, and math people use TeX anyways. :-)

PS: and, not all people have troff too now. Try to find a site with
"pic" or -me macros... I am sure they are less numerous than TeX sites...

PPS: I distribute GWM with a LaTeX documentation, TeX seems to be really
present everywhere...

Colas NAHABOO       BULL Research FRANCE -- Koala Project
                    (GWM X11 Window Manager)
    Internet:       colas@mirsa.inria.fr