[comp.sys.atari.st] Still searching for a TIMECLOCK cart!

atc@max.bnl.gov (Andrew Como) (11/30/89)

Hello ATARI,

	Do you know of any vendors that make a timeclock cartridge
for the 1040ST?

Thanks,

atc@max.bnl.gov
sbarr@libserv1.ic.sunysb.edu

mark@rpp386.cactus.org (Mark Lehmann) (12/01/89)

In article <1576@bnlux0.bnl.gov> atc@max.UUCP writes:
>	Do you know of any vendors that make a timeclock cartridge
>for the 1040ST?

A company named QMI makes a cartridge called "DeskCart!".  It includes
a clock and lots of desk accesorie software.  The clock works fine, but the
software is not good and usually doesn't work.  The software does have a
nice calendar function, which links to a scheduler.  However, the automatic
alarms on the schedulernever seems to work properly.
I have DeskCart! and I have decided to just use the clock part of it.

Oh, DeskCart often costs around $70 (bought mine for aout $100).

Mark Lehmann

--
+------------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
| Mark Lehmann                       |                                   |

jdg@elmgate.UUCP (Jeff Gortatowsky CUST) (12/10/89)

In article <1576@bnlux0.bnl.gov> atc@max.UUCP writes:
>Hello ATARI,
>
>	Do you know of any vendors that make a timeclock cartridge
>for the 1040ST?
>
>Thanks,

Deskcart! from QMI has a clock on board. In addition, it is a package
of desk accessories that do all sortsa nifty things. It does, however
require some 80K bytes of RAM for everything to be "nominal". ie: it
has a resident spooler/ramdisk that requires ram, if you use them.
Included are a calculator acc, a card file, address book, disk utils,
ramdisk,spooler,notepad,macro keys (including the ability to launch
the DA's by hot keys),typewriter,vt52 emulator,appointment scheduler
w/ alarms, control panel, Degas (tm) compatible printer driver auto loader
and a few other tidbits. It is really one of the better kept secrets
for the ST (I should know, I helped code it). And did not get rich doing so.
It has been deemed by certain magazine reviews in Start & computer shopper
and a few others as the best add-on product for the ST... <blush>

--
Jeff Gortatowsky-Eastman Kodak Company  .....rochester!kodak!elmgate!jdg
(use uuhosts or such to find path to rochester)