[comp.sys.atari.st] Lattice V v5

RiddCJ@computer-science.birmingham.ac.UK (Chris Ridd) (12/10/89)

In digest #785 Dan Suthers wrote:
>In article <8911301233.aa02350@benjamin.Cs.Bham.AC.UK>
> RiddCJ@computer-science.birmingham.ac.UK (Chris Ridd) writes:
>>{stuff deleted}
>> HiSoft have taken over Lattice C - v5
>{stuff deleted}
>Is there any confirmation on this rummor?

It is not a rumor, it is absolute fact!  I have seen the HiSoft adverts in
ST World (UK magazine) and have seen the HiSoft packaging.  Haven't seen
the program yet :-)  Cross my heart, hope to be flamed :-)  The package
contains completely new compiler, linker, optimiser, libraries, cli,
environment (probably like Devpac), and it is claimed, produces faster code
than Turbo C! (>2000 Dhrystones for Turbo's 1690).
They are a UK company, but their stuff (WERCS etc) is distributed in the US
by Michtron.
  HiSoft,
   The Old School,
    Greenfield,
     Bedford MK45 5DE
      ENGLAND
The upgrade price is 59 pounds sterling, the new price is 99.95 pounds
sterling.  Phone them on 0525 718181 for more details.

    Chris

/*
 * Snail mail address:
 * Chris Ridd,                   "Wave after wave, each mightier than the last
 * School of Computer Science,  'Til last, a ninth one, gathering half the deep
 * Birmingham University,         And full of voices, slowly rose and plunged
 * UK                              Roaring, and all the wave was in a flame"
 *
 */