[comp.sys.atari.st] TimeWork's DeskTop Publisher version 1.1 help

Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET (Z4648252) (12/10/89)

Hello all,

    From Panarthea, I just downloaded the converted Macintosh fonts
that are in the encoded file.  Inside the file were a nice selection of
fonts with an accompanying ASSIGN.SYS.
    I substituted my ASSIGN.SYS with the file's ASSIGN.SYS, ran the
WIDTH.APP program and received an "Error Loading Driver File" message
or something to that effect.
    Instead of trying to fight this thing, I'd like to ask others
on the net, "What are the ground rules for using a different
ASSIGN.SYS?"  Obviously, the generous contributor included the
appropriate ASSIGN.SYS with these fonts as an aid to keep us from
having to edit our former ASSIGN.SYS.  Help?  Comments, anyone?

Larry Rymal:  |East Texas Atari 68NNNers| <Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET>

In article <891209.12112692.027270@SFA.CP6> Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET (Z4648252) writes:
>Hello all,
>
>    From Panarthea, I just downloaded the converted Macintosh fonts
>that are in the encoded file.  Inside the file were a nice selection of
>fonts with an accompanying ASSIGN.SYS.
>    I substituted my ASSIGN.SYS with the file's ASSIGN.SYS, ran the
>WIDTH.APP program and received an "Error Loading Driver File" message
>or something to that effect.
>    Instead of trying to fight this thing, I'd like to ask others
>on the net, "What are the ground rules for using a different
>ASSIGN.SYS?"  Obviously, the generous contributor included the
>appropriate ASSIGN.SYS with these fonts as an aid to keep us from
>having to edit our former ASSIGN.SYS.  Help?  Comments, anyone?
>
>Larry Rymal:  |East Texas Atari 68NNNers| <Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET>

Howdy. I submitted those fonts and the accompanying ASSIGN.SYS file.
I put in the opening comments "This file was written for use with
G+Plus" ... I've never tried to use it with Atari's GDOS, so that'd
be the first thing I would suspect.

I guess my advice to you is to merge what's in the provided file with
the ASSIGN.SYS you've already been using. The CodeHead guys included a
file GDOS.DOC with their stuff that describes the ins'n'outs of writing
an ASSIGN.SYS file. I think it's freely distributable, I'll send it to
you (or post) if you want.
  -- Howard
--
 -=- PrayerMail: Send 100Mbits to holyghost@father.son[127.0.0.1]
 and You Too can have a Personal Electronic Relationship with God!